Thursday, December 18, 2008

Updates. -And a Cool Story to Finish It Off...

Well I'm living in Detroit now. Macomb, MI to be exact. Its one of the northern-most suburbs of Detroit, so I don't live in the ghettos or anything. Its actually really nice up here! I really like it! And if Jodi ever reads this, she'd be proud of me that I said "up here", since it doesn't matter where I'm referring to, I usually tend to say "down there", or "down here." I've got the correct phrasing down now though. But anyway, I'm still on the job hunt. I have applied at a lot of places actually, and have followed up and went back and checked the status of my apps; and still haven't heard back from a single place. Its a little discouraging. Just gotta keep praying about it. God will provide.
Aside from looking for jobs, I'm actually staying really busy with my worship position at Evident Church. -And I'm REALLY enjoying everything that I'm doing in regards to worship! Its a dream job. Really. Hopefully someday, this can be my full time job. A Career as a full time worship leader. But yeah, thats the gist of things for now...

My cool story is that I almost died last week. I'm positive it was a God-moment. He saved my life. Haha. I was driving home from Archbold, on a back-road outside of West Unity, coming up on a hill in the road. Its big enough that it covers up a whole vehicle until you're pretty much on top of or over the hill. So, like I said, I was coming up on this hill, going the speed limit (really, I was. 55mph. Better gas mileage that way), when I got the chills and had the sudden urge to slow waaaay down. So I slowed down to a near stop right before the hill, when a big electric company truck came rushing over the hill ON MY SIDE OF THE ROAD! Not just left of center, but completely in my lane. If I hadn't slowed down when I did, I'm confident that I would have had a high speed, head-on collision with the truck. Once I realized what I had just escaped, my heart started beating like crazy and I got all shaky. I was kinda in shock in a way. I just thanked God over and over again! Haha! It was great.
But thats my cool story. God's not done with me yet.

Peace Out.

No comments: