Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Year.

For starters, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
I have high hopes for 2009. I'm so excited to see where God takes me in my new life here in Detroit. I'm excited to see where God takes Evident Church too! I've only been up here for nearly a month, and I feel like I've already grown in so many ways! God is good. Its my prayer for this year that He shapes and molds me into something awesome, and that I will be willing and open to be and do whatever God is calling me to. I'm looking forward to it.

I've started a new book.
Its called Death By Love written
by Mark Driscoll and Gerry Breshears. Even just the cover is cool; and there is some sweet artwork inside as well! But, for real, what I've read of it so far has been awesome! I bought it yesterday with Matt at Barnes & Noble (we're planning on reading it through together and talking about it). But I opened it up last night planning on reading just the Introduction... I got sucked in. I ended up reading all of the Intro, chapter 1, and the beginning of chapter 2! I want to tell you all about it, but I don't want to give anything away! Haha! I strongly recommend buying this book though! I'm really excited about it. Just from what I've read, there are some deep truths that I've been able to pull out and apply to my life.

"This book is brutally honest about sin and suffering, and wonderfully hopeful as it points us to our true Savior." -Timothy Lane

"Practical and Powerful. It applies the sufficiency of Jesus to the real-life challenges we face in the church every day." -Dan Jarrell

This book gives an eye opening perspective on the story of the cross. I've never read or heard the story told this way, and It really spoke to me. Seriously. Buy it. Read it. You won't regret it.

Anyway... Its late, and I should be heading to bed.

No comments: